The expression “Population Health” can be used interchangeably with the term Public Health. The 10 Essential Public Health Services describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake:
1) Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
2) Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
3) Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
4) Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
5) Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
6) Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7) Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
8) Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
9) Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
10) Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.